Rome Youth Hockey Association
Rome Youth Hockey Association Our Mission is to provide our youth with the best possible opportunity to HAVE FUN while playing the sport of Ice Hockey.
RYHA has rented ice at the Utica Auditorium.
The schedule for practice is as follows:
|Bantam Snowbelt 1pm-2:05pm|
|Midget Snowbelt 2:15-3:20|
|Bantam Travel 3:30pm-4:35pm|
|Girls 12U 4:45pm-5:50pm|
|Midget Wrap 12:50pm-1:50pm|
Kennedy Arena Plans to Reopen November 2, 2020!
COVID-19 GUIDELINES Kennedy
1. Kennedy Arena will open 10 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time. Anyone arriving earlier than 10 minutes before their scheduled start time MUST wait outside of Kennedy Arena socially distanced from others or within their car in the parking lot.
2. All teams MUST provide a roster by November 2, 2020 that includes accurate contact information of all coaches and players. This information MUST be accurate and MUST be able to reach the designated person in case of emergency or the need arises. Maximum roster will be 25 players & coaches on ice.
3. Upon entry into Kennedy Arena, all players and coaches will have their temperature taken by a touchless thermometer (forehead) and turn in their health screening form. If you have a temperature greater than 100.0, you will NOT be allowed entry into Kennedy Arena. Players or coaches with any risk factors or illness should not participate in any on-ice activity. Any players or coaches exhibiting symptoms or signs of an illness should not be in Kennedy Arena at any point.
4. Traffic Flow & Control. All players and coaches must enter Kennedy Arena from the Municipal Pool side door and exit through the main front door facing the parking lot. Signs will be placed outside and within Kennedy Arena to clearly and appropriately direct entry and exit flow.
5. All coaches, players, and staff MUST wear a mask when entering and exiting Kennedy Arena with NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. All players MUST enter Kennedy Arena from the designated entry door and be completely dressed (minus: helmets & skates). Exceptions may be made for goalies, who may need to put on additional equipment within Kennedy Arena.
7. Hockey Bags are NOT permitted within Kennedy Arena. Any players that can’t tie their own skates must have them put on and tied by the team’s coaches or enter Kennedy Arena with skates on with skate guards.
8. After the temperature screening upon entry, players will be assigned a seating bench where they will put their skates and helmets on prior to going on the ice. The benches will be located on the pathway just off the main ice surface and will be clearly marked with signs. Locker rooms and showers will be locked and unavailable.
9. Players should be bringing their own rehydration liquids and towels to Kennedy Arena in clearly marked or labeled bottles/containers with the player’s identity. The bottle/container should be resealable and not shared with others. Players should NOT plan on refilling their bottle/containers at Kennedy Arena.
10. Players and coaches should use the restroom at home prior to leaving for their scheduled ice-time in an effort to limit bathroom use at Kennedy Arena.
11. No off-ice interaction (socializing, team meetings, dryland activities, etc.) WILL NOT occur prior to or following the conclusion of practice.
12. Players must remove skates and helmets at the assigned seating bench and put their masks on and leave Kennedy Arena using the main door by the parking lot within 10 minutes of the end of practice.
13. Parents/Guardians must be made aware of the time when the players will end practice. The parents or person assigned to pick-up the players at Kennedy Arena must be punctual. Congregating and socializing in the parking lots WILL NOT occur prior to or following practices. Players should not have to wait for a ride.
14. Coaches should remain until all players are safe and removed from Kennedy Arena.
15. Parents/Guardians will NOT be allowed in Kennedy Arena.
Rome Youth Hockey Association is looking to field tournament/state bound teams at the following levels:
Girls 16U-Head Coach Steve Zizzo
Girls 14U-Head Coach Steve Zizzo
Girls 12U-Head Coach Nick Mendiola
Tryouts TBD due to COVID-19
We are still accepting Head Coach applications for the 12U, 14U, 16-18U Co-Ed teams, Please fill out a RYHA coaching application by clicking on the link below.
To demonstrate how a full sheet of ice looks to a child, USA Hockey put adult players on an extra large rink with giant nets to simulate what a child sees. The players found the games tiring, difficult and said they would lose interest quickly in the sport if that was what they faced. See how adult players opened their eyes to what is being taught by the American Development Model of cross-ice hockey and small-area games. Learn more at ADMKids.com.
Coaches have kept sports alive in 2020. Has your kid's coach helped them through this crisis?Nominate them for a chance to win $2500!